Garage Door Spring Replacement Near Sterling IL
Grizzly Garage Door specializes in garage door spring replacement services! Garage door springs are crucial to the operation of your garage door. There are two main types of springs: torsion and extension, which both work to carry the garage door’s weight. Garage doors weigh a few hundred pounds, which is a lot of pressure to move on a track. Springs are versatile instruments that can take on weight to safely move the garage door.
Over time, springs are exposed to wear and tear through their labor-intensive role. The standard torsion spring has a lifespan of 10-15,000 cycles, which may translate to 5-15 years. When you do experience a broken garage door spring, it’s important that you schedule an immediate garage door spring replacement. The garage door should not be operated while the spring is out of commission. It can be very dangerous and harm other garage door hardware. Our team at Grizzly Garage Door is well-trained and ready to take on your garage door spring replacement!
How to tell if a garage door spring is broken?
If there are gaps between the spring coils or the spring looks elongated, it’s likely that it has broken.
How to open the garage door manually with a broken spring?
If you have a broken garage door spring, your garage door won’t open because there is nothing to support the door’s weight. Instead of trying to open the door yourself, contact us for a same day garage door spring repair.
How to install garage door springs and cables?
Leave garage door spring and cable replacement to the professionals! While some people do handle these installations themselves, it can be very dangerous. Injuries can happen quickly if you don’t know what you’re doing. It can also compromise the safety of your garage door system if you don’t install these parts correctly.
Schedule Garage Door Spring Maintenance
Because springs experience such extreme wear and tear, we highly recommend scheduling garage door maintenance. This garage door service will include a thorough inspection of your garage, a door balance test, and servicing of garage door hardware. Springs will be lubricated and tightened, which can help preserve their lifespan and increase their functionality. It’s also very smart to have the springs inspected annually, where they can be replaced if they’re showing signs of damage or deterioration. Because broken garage door springs are dangerous, it’s very advantageous to get ahead of garage door spring replacement before it’s needed.
Signs You Need A Garage Door Spring Replacement
- There’s a 3-4 inch gap between spring coils.
- Springs are elongated.
- You hear a loud, gun-shot-like noise.
- Garage door moves crookedly or at an angle.
- There are loose or fallen garage door cables.
- Garage door slams shut.
- Garage door moves and reverses.
- Garage door is heavy when you try to manually move it.
- Garage door won’t open or close.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Garage Door Spring Repair
There are a few key reasons why you shouldn’t delay garage door spring repair. As one of the most important hardware pieces, garage doors cannot function properly without the aid of springs. Their crucial role makes them indispensable, which is why immediate garage door spring replacement is always required.
- Safety: The number one reason why spring replacement cannot be delayed is for safety reasons. Having a broken garage door spring in your garage is not smart, as it could be touched by a child or pet.
- Damage: When there’s a broken spring, the garage door cannot operate like normal. It’s possible that the door will slam shut, which could damage items in the garage or injure someone. There’s a lack of control over the garage door’s movement, which can cause it to move unreliably.
- Cost: The longer you wait to schedule spring replacement, the higher the likelihood of costlier garage repairs. Especially if you are continuing to use the garage door. When a spring is broken, a lot of tension is added to the garage door opener, which can cause it to burn out quickly.
Our team provides garage door spring maintenance; schedule service today!