It’s important that garage door repair is handled correctly the first time. When garage doors do experience damage, we understand that it’s usually inconvenient. Our team at Grizzly Garage Door is committed to offering the best service that makes this process streamlined and efficient. When you notice that something is wrong with your garage door, don’t hesitate to give us a call and schedule a garage door repair. Prolonging the issue will most likely make it worse. Instead, contact us for garage door repair in Sterling IL for same day garage door service!
Another crucial part of your garage door system is the garage door opener. Sometimes, electrical issues may cause your opener to malfunction. Other times, it may experience damage due to wear and tear or old age. If your remotes and keypads aren’t working, try to replace the batteries and ensure there aren’t any power problems. If this doesn’t work, give us a call to inspect your garage door and perform garage door repair.
Why is my garage door not closing?
If you have a garage door that’s not closing, common causes may be a broken spring or a damaged opener. A broken garage door spring will typically mean the garage door only moves a couple of inches before reversing. If your opener is malfunctioning, it may be an issue with the safety sensors or that the emergency cord needs to be pulled. If your garage door is not closing, give us a call for same day garage door service!
My garage door is making grinding noises. What should I do?
Stop using your garage door and give us a call! It’s likely that the garage door hardware needs to be cleaned or that the opener needs to be replaced.
When will I need garage door opener repair?
If your garage door is moving slowly, making grinding noises, approaching 10-20 years of age, or moving unreliably, it may be time for garage door opener repair. We have experience working with all brands and types of openers so we can quickly repair your garage door.
How do I know I have a broken garage door spring?
If your garage door is only moving a couple of inches and reversing or moving at an angle, you may have a broken garage door spring. You can also take a look at the spring; if it’s elongated or has a large gap between the coils, it’s broken.
Garage door springs are invaluable to the functionality of your garage door. Working in a counterbalance system, they help safely distribute the garage door’s weight. There are two types of springs: torsion and extension. Torsion springs are much more common for residential garage systems. They’re safer, more durable, and have a longer lifespan than extension springs. When garage door springs reach the end of their lifespan, it’s important that they are replaced as soon as possible. If you continue to use your garage door, it will negatively impact the other garage door parts and cause extra maintenance, repairs, and costs.
Signs You Need Garage Door Spring Repair
- Garage door won’t open.
- Garage door opens part way and then stops.
- You notice loose or fallen cables.
- Garage door slams shut.
- Garage door opens crookedly or at an angle.
- There’s a gap between the spring’s coils.
- Garage door springs are elongated.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Spring Repair
- Cost: If you continue to use your garage door with old or damaged springs, they will cause extra strain to plague other parts, especially the garage door opener. It’s also likely that a broken spring will lead to other broken parts like cables or rollers. This will cause unneeded costs to skyrocket, which could have been prevented.
- Safety: Garage doors are heavy objects that can cause severe injury. Damaged garage door springs may cause the garage door to malfunction, which could hurt someone in your family. Garage door spring repair is dangerous because of the tension that still lies within the springs. If your spring snaps, stop using your garage door and call us for garage repair immediately.
- Damage: If your garage door springs are damaged, it may cause your door to slam shut. This could greatly damage your car or another object in your garage.