Garage Door Repair in Sterling IL
It’s important that garage door repair is handled correctly the first time. When garage doors do experience damage, we understand that it’s usually inconvenient. Our team at Grizzly Garage Door is committed to offering the best service that makes this process streamlined and efficient. When you notice that something is wrong with your garage door, don’t hesitate to give us a call and schedule garage door repair. Prolonging the issue will most likely make it worse. Instead, contact us for garage door repair in Sterling IL for same day garage door service!
Garage Door Opener Repair
Another crucial part of your garage door system is the garage door opener. Sometimes, electrical issues may cause your opener to malfunction. Other times, it may experience damage due to wear and tear or old age. If your remotes and keypads aren’t working, try to replace the batteries and ensure there aren’t any power problems. If this doesn’t work, give us a call to inspect your garage door and perform garage door repair.
Garage Door Spring Replacement
Garage door springs are invaluable to the functionality of your garage door. Working in a counterbalance system, they help distribute the garage door’s weight. There are two types of springs: torsion and extension. Torsion springs are much more common for residential garage systems. They’re safer, more durable, and have a longer lifespan than extension springs. When garage door springs reach the end of their lifespan, it’s important that they are replaced as soon as possible. If you continue to use your garage door, it will negatively impact the other garage door parts and cause extra maintenance, repairs, and costs.
Signs You Need Garage Door Spring Repair
- Garage door won’t open.
- Garage door opens part-way and then stops.
- You notice loose or fallen cables.
- Garage door slams shut.
- Garage door opens crookedly or at an angle.
- There’s a gap between the spring’s coils.
- Garage door springs are elongated.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Spring Repair
- Cost: If you continue to use your garage door with old or damaged springs, they will cause extra strain to plague other parts, especially the garage door opener. It’s also likely that a broken spring will lead to other broken parts like cables or rollers. This will cause unneeded costs to skyrocket, which could have been prevented.
- Safety: Garage doors are heavy objects that can cause severe injury. Damaged garage door springs may cause the garage door to malfunction, which could hurt someone in your family. Garage door spring repair is dangerous because of the tension that still lies within the springs. If your spring snaps, stop using your garage door and call us for garage repair immediately.
- Damage: If your garage door springs are damaged, it may cause your door to slam shut. This could greatly damage your car or another object in your garage.